Monday, July 25, 2016
Thursday, July 21, 2016
Diigo is a bookmarking, annotation, and social sharing tool available to use with all major web browsers and Android/ iOS devices. Users can access special features including cloud-based bookmarking, and annotation tools including highlighters and virtual sticky notes. Diigo is the perfect organization tool to assist with individual and group research projects. Easily keep track of and save websites, articles/journals, and images to your Diigo online library. The Diigo online library is your personal library that can be accessed at any time, from anywhere.
Features and Options (Free Version):
- Install the Diigo browser add-on for easy access to Diigo Toolbar.
- Bookmark and tag online resources for easy access anytime, anywhere.
- Annotate web pages and PDF’s online by adding virtual sticky notes and highlighting.
- Organize links, references and personal input to create a structured research base.
- Research now, read and annotate later.
- Store bookmarked resources in your personal Diigo library and shared with other users.
- Set profile privacy preferences to allow or prevent other users from contacting you.
Watch the following video:
If you’d like to learn more about Diigo please visit their website at www.diigo.com. For information on installing browser add-ons, please visit Diigo Help at http://help.diigo.com/home. Please note that users can elect to upgrade to a paid account to gain access to additional features and tools. For detailed information on the features available for each package, visit https://www.diigo.com/premium/pricing_table_details.
Come visit the eLearning team in TLC 427 for assistance getting started or to gain ideas for integrating this tool into your online, hybrid and face-to-face courses. If you are unable to visit in person, please contact us by email at email@example.com, or by phone at (517) 483-1839.
Thursday, July 14, 2016
Wednesday, June 29, 2016
Thursday, June 23, 2016
Aviary is a photo editing platform, available as a free web application, as well as a downloadable app (with in-app purchase options) for both IOS and Android. The photo editor provides dozens of ways to enhance, accessorize, and apply unique effects to pictures. When your photo is ready, download and save it as a .png, or share it instantly through the mobile app!
Variety of Editing Options:
- Adjust lighting, focus, and color.
- Erase blemishes and brighten whites.
- Personalize pictures with playful stickers, frames, and overlays.
- Experiment with dozens of filters to create artful effects.
- Sharpen, soften, or saturate photos.
- Draw your own captions and doodles.
Prepare to let your creativity soar! If you’d like to learn more about Aviary, please visit their website at www.aviary.com. Additional information is available on their Support page at https://aviaryhelp.zendesk.com/hc/en-us.
Come visit the eLearning team in TLC 427 for assistance getting started! If you are unable to visit in person, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by phone at (517) 483-1839.